Bubbly brunch recipe – Johnsonville’s Amazing Muffin Cups paired with mumm napa brut prestige
This fantastic recipe brings together all the breakfast essentials: crisp, delicious hash browns, fluffy eggs and flavorful Johnsonville(R) Breakfast Sausage. Add some cheese, peppers and onions for an excellent way to start the day, and make sure to elevate the occasion with Mumm Napa sparkling. We recommend pairing this dish with Brut Prestige because of its versatility.
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
- 12 links JOHNSONVILLE(R) Original Breakfast Sausage, cut 1/2-inch coin-sized pieces
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes(R) Hash Browns
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded 4-Cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onions
- Prepare sausage according to package instructions; cool slightly, cut and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the hash browns, butter, salt and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Press potato mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups.
- Bake at 400?F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven; divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cheese and bell pepper; spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups and sprinkle with chives or onions.
- Return to oven; bake 13-15 minutes or until set.
- Enjoy with a glass of Mumm Napa Brut Prestige.