This recipe, curated by Chef Christina Machamer, is creamy, crunchy, sweet, and savory – the ultimate comfort food. From its rich risotto base, to the perfectly roasted sweet corn, to the sharp crumble of Cojita cheese and the fresh zing from the lime zest sprinkled on top, this dish seriously has it all.
Enjoy it as a vegetarian main course, a delicious and unexpected side dish, and always with a glass of Frank Family Lewis Vineyard Chardonnay. This wine features mango, pineapple, and lemon to provide fresh acidity and lift, but also offers vanilla and light toast to provide enough substance to match the creamy and rich qualities of the risotto. It’s one of Leslie Frank’s favorite summertime food and wine pairings!
Olive oil or bacon fat
Large shallot, minced
Dry white wine
Parmesan Reggiano, grated
Chopped cilantro plus extra leaves for garnish
Black pepper, finely ground
1. Heat oil in a large straight walled saute pan. Add shallots, sweat until translucent, then add garlic and cook one additional minute.
2. Add rice, and parch, coating the grains in the fat for one minute.
3. Add one cup of the stock, and let simmer, stirring occasionally. When the stock is reduced to nearly dry, add another one cup of the remaining stock. Repeat the process a third time, adding the white wine. Check the rice to make sure that it is tender. If not, add more stock and repeat the process a fourth time.
4. When rice is cooked, and stock is reduced, stir in the butter, mascarpone cheese, Parmesan, and corn. Season to taste.
5. Continue to cook until the consistency has a slight flow, but most of the liquid is reduced.
6. To serve, ladle risotto into bowls, and give a slight shove, to allow the risotto to settle. Garnish with lime zest, a sprinkle of Espellette, Cotija cheese, and fresh cilantro leaves.
The post Mexican Street Corn Risotto Recipe & Wine Pairing appeared first on Frank Family Vineyards Blog.